Monday, June 13, 2011

Rainbow Sun Catcher

At an educational store last fall, I located these strange colored discs. What are they for? Bingo? I have no idea. But I knew that I could make something fun with them.

A friend of mine who scrapbooks suggested using a very small hole punch to make holes in the discs... It worked perfectly. At first I made jewelry with them. They felt very "disco"!


Then, I decided to make a sun catcher! I used jump rings to connect the discs in a random order. The curtain of color is attached to eye screws in a squared off piece of balsa wood.

In the morning, we can even look at projected circles of color on the wall as we eat our breakfast!

My son likes to take it out of the window and lay the sun catcher curtain over his face to look out through the colors!



I told my son that I had made it just for him. "Not his sister?" Nope, this one is just for you! "Mommy, how did you make me this rainbow?"

It makes me smile that when my son walks into a room with me, he doesn't ask, "Mommy, what are you doing?"... instead he asks, "Mommy, what are you making?"

Why, I've made you a rainbow!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Peace Montessori

Things I'm Reading/Making/Crafting/Doing

Support This Site